TIGHTEN UP YOUR DYNAMIC RESPONSES
Want to sharpen up your Golf 7 & 7.5 / Leon handling responses? RacingLines beautiful billet and carbon Rear Body Brace reinforces the bodyshell at its weakest point for a more precise and pleasurable drive.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
Modern cars like the MQB platform run a pretty stiff laser-welded bodyshell. Up front, the chassis is very rigid between the suspension tops, but at the rear there is much more chassis flex which negatively affects vehicle handling in hard use, especially with stiff suspension. That's why the Clubsport S Golf gets a factory rear brace.
The new RacingLine Rear Body Brace solves this issue by locking the crucial hard points together.
- The RacingLine Rear Body Brace uses solid billet aluminium mounts secured into beautiful, ultra-stiff carbon fibre link bars drastically stiffening the rear of the chassis.
- By reinforcing and tying the rear strut towers together, the brace helps to maintain proper suspension geometry under heavy cornering loads. Remove the bodyshell flex, and the suspension geometry can work as it was designed to do.
- Despite the added stiffness, this improved handling performance comes without sacrificing any ride quality or introducing any additional noise, vibration, or harshness into the cabin.
- The clever design means that installation is simple, using existing body mounting points with no drilling and no removal of trim required, and is completely reversible.
- Compatible with rear seats up or down (or removed altogether). The full interior can be maintained even with the installation of the Rear Body Brace.
PRECISION ENGINEERED FOR PERFECT PERFORMANCE.
- All mounts are CNC 5-axis machined from solid billet
- Aerospace-grade T6-6061 Aluminium used throughout
- Top mounts located into rear seat mounts
- Lower mounts lock into cargo tie-downs
- FEA-developed triangulation design maximises stiffness whilst keeping weight down
- 3K twill weave carbon fibre ultra-stiff link bars
LOW PROFILE- Thin, low-profile design means minimum impact on boot space and no effect on rear seat operation.
EASY INSTALL/REMOVE- Clever design means fitting is quick and simple. Completely reversible without trace for removal.
NO DRILLING- No cutting, no drilling needed. By cleverly re-using the strongest parts of the body, there's no need to modify.
PRACTICAL- Compatible with rear seats up or down, and RacingLine even added in the luggage tie-downs into the mounting points.
LIGHTWEIGHT- A ruthless approach to weight-saving. Billet aluminium mounting brackets bonded to ultra-stiff 3K twill carbon link bars.
ADJUSTABLE- Every mass-produced car body has small differences in dimensions. The brace is tensioned after fitment for ultra-tight alignment to your car.
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- 4x Mounting brackets
- 1x Tensioning block
- 1x Carbon Cross Bar
- 2x Carbon Brace Bar
- All required fitting hardware
- GOLF 7 & 7.5 3 DOOR
- GOLF 7 & 7.5 5 DOOR
- GOLF 7 & 7.5 WAGON/VARIANT *4Motion wagon models only
- VW Golf 7 & 7.5 2012+ 5G
- VW Golf 7 & 7.5 GTI 2013+ 5G
- VW Golf 7 & 7.5 R 2013+ 5G
- VW Golf 7 & 7.5 GTI ClubSport 2016+ 5G
- SEAT Leon III 3 DOOR
- SEAT Leon III 5 DOOR
- SEAT Leon III ST WAGON/VARIANT *4Motion wagon models only
- SEAT Leon FR III 2014+ 5F
- SEAT Leon Cupra III 2014+ 5F
NOTE: Leon models require the rear boot carpet to be cut in order to mount the rear brace.