The Haldex 4wd System, used on the Transverse Mounted, VAG, 4 Wheel Drive vehicles consists of two components. These components being, a Haldex Clutch Coupling and the Rear Final Drive Differential. As well as this some of the performance 2wd Models now have a Haldex Front Differential which works in a similar way.
Haldex coupling - This is a wet multi-plate clutch system operated by a fluid pump (Haldex Controller) which requires servicing every 20,000 miles in the way of fresh Haldex Oil and a new Haldex Filter.
Final Drive Differential – This is the mechanical system which provides the drive to the two rear wheels. This uses a lubricating gear oil which according to the owner’s manual is a lifetime fluid. Many of our customers however choose to replace this oil between 50,000 and 75,000 miles as a matter of preventative maintenance.
Generation 1 Haldex Oil and Filter Service - £138.00
- Haldex Generation 1 is seen on the Audi TT Mk1, S3 8L, Bora 4motion, and Golf Mk4 4motion as well as a few other models.
Generation 2 Haldex Oil and Filter Service - £138.00
- Haldex Generation 2 is seen on the Golf Mk5 R32, Early TT Mk2, Pre-Facelift A3/S3 8P Quattro and a few other models
Generation 4 Hadlex Oil Change Only (recommended by the Main Dealers) - £89.00
Generation 4 Haldex Oil Change plus Filter (recommended by Jabba) - £138.00
- Haldex Generation 4 is seen on the Mk6 Golf, Facelift A3/S3 8P Quattro, Late TT Mk2, Volkswagen Tiguan and a few other models
Generation 5 Haldex Oil Change and Pump Strainer Clean - £99.00
- Haldex Generation 5 is seen on the Mk7 Golf, A3/S3 8v and a few other models
Haldex Final Drive Differential Oil Change – £65.00
Haldex 'VAQ' Front Differential - Haldex Oil Change and Pump Strainer Clean - £99.00
- Haldex Front Differential is seen on the Mk7 GTI PP and Clubsport as well as the Leon Mk3 Cupra
PLEASE CONTACT US BEFORE OR AFTER YOU PAY FOR THIS SERVICE. WE WILL NEED TO CONFIRM A DATE FOR YOUR BOOKING.